Everything they say about the second pregnancy is true. How is that I'm already halfway through with this pregnancy and just now writing a real post about it? And let's not even talk about the weekly pictures I took while pregnant with Katie Wynn. I haven't taken a single one this go-round! (Even though I had really good intentions to...I just haven't gotten started yet.) I guess the into-everything toddler and super sick (but now recovering!) dog have kept me a little busy.
I looked back through my old pregnancy posts and it looks like I wrote a Preggo update at 14 weeks and another one at 23 weeks. I'm right at 20 weeks now so I don't have anything to use for a good apples-to-apples comparison.
- At my last dr's appointment, the baby's heartbeat was 145. That was 4 weeks ago, though. I go back for another checkup tomorrow morning.
- Speaking of tomorrow's appointment, we'll have our big ultrasound and find out the gender!! How could it possibly be time for that already? The string test we did said boy. The drano test we did was somewhat inconclusive, but I think it was closer to boy? However, the Chinese calendar and most old wives tales point to girl, so who the heck knows?!
- Anna has dubbed this new baby "Frederick." She says she doesn't care what the gender is, she is going to continue calling him/her by that name. And she plans to teach Katie Wynn to do the same.
- Katie Wynn is completely clueless about what's going on, but she does seem interested in lifting my shirt to see my belly so maybe she notices that it's growing?
- As far as how I feel this time compared to last time, I think it's been pretty much the same. Not a lot of nausea which is good. My face has broken out again just like last time, and I've had some bad bouts of restless legs again. I have experienced a little bit of bloating and heartburn this time which I did not before, so who knows what that mean. And, just like Katie Wynn, this baby is riding low.
- Within the last week, I have started feeling kicks. I guess I totally missed the flutters this time around because I never felt any of those!
- I have craved nothing and everything. There is not just one thing that I have craved repeatedly, but if I hear about or see a picture of anything, then I'll crave it til I can eat it and then move on to the next thing. Unfortunately, I have probably had more caffeine during the past 20 weeks than I had in the last 2 years. I've gotta get that under control.
- I am thrilled that we are not house hunting or car shopping this go-round. Matt thinks it's time to upgrade to a minivan, but I'm holding out. My current car will work just fine.
- We plan on doing a separate nursery for this baby, even if it's another girl. We happen to have an extra room in our house, though it's more of an office than a bedroom. It's off the front entryway and has double French doors and no closet, but I think with a little imagination we'll be able to turn it into something suitable for a new baby. Thankfully, we haven't really even been using the room except to throw junk in and for me to sew in, so it will work out well.
- Eventually, we might let KW and this new baby share her room, assuming it's another girl, since the bathroom is off her room. When Anna and Wyatt are both in college, the two younger kids will be in first grade and kindergarten, so that's probably when we'll let them move upstairs into the big kids' rooms.
Am I leaving anything out that you might want to know? I can't think of anything else. Stay tuned for a gender announcement soon...I'll try not to wait too long to post it!