Check out Preggo Post #1 here. I meant to write these preggo posts more frequently, but there is just no time! I mean, I guess there's time, I just don't really want to spend it in front of the computer. But for the sake of journaling this adventure, here are some updates on where we are.
- At the time of writing this, I am 23 weeks plus 3 days pregnant. That means...
- The countdown blocks were a gift from my friend Allison early on and we have enjoyed changing them each week. It was pretty scary changing the blue block from a 2 to a 1. We're more than halfway there...eek!
- I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and everything still looks good. Baby's heartbeat was 135.
- I left yesterday's appointment with the bottle of Glucola that I have to drink for the next appointment for the gestational diabetes test. You have no idea how much I'm dreading this test, and staring at the bottle of orange grossness in the fridge is not making it any better. My nurse told me I should limit by carbs and sugars the week of the test. Doesn't she know that's all I eat?
- At that appointment, I will also get a shot of immunoglobulin for being Rh Negative. Not a big deal, but the combination of the glucose test and the shot don't have me jumping up and down excited about that appointment.
- As announced in this gender revealment post, we're expecting a baby girl!
- At the moment, baby girl still does not have a name. We have options but just can't commit. Currently, we are referring to her as Polly (a name my dad suggested that we vetoed) with Ester as her middle name (wait for it...). That means her fake initials are PEE - fitting, since that's what I have to do a lot.
- Not only does she not have a real name, but Polly also still does not have a nursery or a suitable car to ride in. We are still on the house hunt and hoping something good happens soon. We know the car situation will be a fairly easy fix, so we aren't worried about it.
- As far as possessions go, baby girl owns a bath, one book, a coming-home outfit plus another gown, and about 4 outfits she can wear next summer. So, not much, but that's good since we don't have anywhere to put anything anyway.
- I have just now begun to think about nursery furniture and color scheme. I have a vague idea of what I want, but it's really hard to figure out since I don't have a nursery room to visualize it all in.
- Haven't registered yet. Am completely clueless on what all we need. (Help?)
- I have been feeling the baby move for quite a while. I felt flutters around the end of April and then, on our anniversary in early May, she gave a noticeable kick that Doc was able to feel too. She hasn't stopped moving since and seems to be riding really low!
- I hesitate to post these pictures since they're so terrible, but a few people have requested them so here goes. I take my weekly photo every Sunday afternoon. Sometimes I don't remember to take it until after I've spent the day working in the yard or building in the shop or something, so they definitely aren't pretty pictures. I won't post them all, but here are a few that show the bump's progress.
- Overall, I feel pretty good. The only major complaint that I have are my restless legs. I had RLS before getting pregnant, but it seems to be much worse now. I have been carrying around a prescription from my doctor for about a month now trying to convince myself I don't need it, but I am now thisclose to having it filled. My legs drive me crazy all the time, and now my twitching and squirming is keeping Doc up all night too.
We are enjoying this journey and can't wait for baby girl to arrive. There are so many things that have to get done before then, though! I try not to think about it much because it's enough to make me feel completely overwhelmed. I just keep telling myself everyday that it'll all work out. And it will. I know it will.