Vacay: Days 5 and 6

As much fun as we had at the beach, I'm ready to wrap up these posts so I can move on to all the other fun things we've been doing!  So this is the last of it.  Days 5 and 6: here we go! Katie Wynn liked to start every morning with a little dance party on the bar while I prepared her breakfast. If I have anything to do with it, this will be the only bar she ever dances on. 

Day five started with a trip to the big community pool for Katie Wynn and Everett.  In typical KW fashion, she fell asleep on the walk there.

Everett, on the other hand, was ready to get his toes in the water!

You know I'm a sucker for things that match, and Allison did a great job of making sure their swimsuits coordinated!

He wasn't so sure about the water at first...

...but warmed up to it in now time!

After about a thirty minute nap, Katie Wynn finally joined the pool party.  While I love these little bucket hats for the sun protection they provide, they sure do make it hard to get pictures of her face!

I love, love, loved the community pool because it had a nice big wide step that was the perfect depth for Katie Wynn to sit and splash in.  We could've spent all day everyday there.

The great thing about the pool is that it's just around the corner from our house, so we just had a short walk home for lunch.  After getting our bellies full, resting for a few minutes, and putting on dry swimsuits, we tried to load back up to go back to the big pool for the afternoon.  Sadly, we had to turn around due to a small "accident" that had occurred in the pool.  They had to close it down for an hour to shock it - I'm just glad my baby wasn't the cause of the accident!


Since the big pool was closed, we spent the afternoon at our little pool instead.  And once again, Katie bug fell asleep.

When she woke up, I snapped a few pics while she was still sitting in my lap.

Not so sure about these sunglasses.

This one is in the running for my favorite picture from the trip.

That evening, our family of three got cleaned up in an attempt to get some cute family pictures.  I totally forgot to pack us some coordinating clothes, so we had to work with what we had.  Big thanks to Allison for shooting these pictures of us...all while a huge storm rolled in!

Another one of my favorites.  This one will be in a frame soon.

We are working on learning how to wave bye-bye.  I guess she was practicing in this picture.

She is obsessed with noses!

Another HUGE thank you to Sarah who pulled up in her car right before the rain came pouring down.  We did get a little bit wet from our run into the house, but we would have been completely drenched if we'd had to walk home!

Gus was just chilling in his chair when we got home.

Everett and Katie Wynn did some playing while Gus ate dinner.

This picture is just proof that we did use the dining table.  In fact, we ate here four of our six nights.  I think this was fajita night.

Some quick pictures of the four couples while we hung out one night after the kids were in bed.  Me and Doc.

Chris and Allison.

Darrin and Jenny.

Sarah and Charlie.

Our last day there was the day we decided to venture out for the day.  Doc and Christopher left early in the morning for a six-hour fishing trip.  The rest of us decided to head out to do some shopping on our own, and then meet up in Baytowne for lunch.  That was much easier said than done since there was a huge car accident right by the entrance to Baytowne.  We all got stuck in traffic for a while but eventually met up at Hammerhead's Bar and Grill.

Everett and Katie Wynn spent most of the meal perusing the menus.

Thank goodness they kept them occupied!

Happy babies after lunch.

Remember those really cute pictures of the boys in the grass from Day 4?  I was really sad I didn't have one of Katie Wynn to match, so on the evening of our last day, I put her back in the bubble and had another photo shoot.  Unfortunately, she would NOT lay down in the grass, no matter what!  She popped right back up every time I laid her down.  But I did get some cute ones of her just sitting in the grass.

Have you ever seen a funnier blade of grass?!?!

While we were taking pictures, Gus was playing in the splash pad again.  He finally ran over to tell us enough was enough, it was time for Katie Wynn to play too!

Sitting with his mama just waiting for the right moment to run back in.

And he's off!


Katie Wynn was finally suited up and crawled right in.

Gus loved the spouts of water!

Hey Gus?  Crack kills, buddy. :)

With the help of her daddy, Katie Wynn got brave enough to stick her hands in the water too.

"Oh my gosh, this is so much fun!"

More bravery and splashery!

Whew.  Got a little tiring after a while though.

Katie likes to inspect my teeth on a daily basis.  I hope she's not disappointed that everyday, they're all still there.

When they were tired of splashing, we dried off and went to the nearby park.  How cool is this mountain hill that you can walk up?

Gus (and his mama) was a fan of the slide.

There were swings too!

Katie Wynn couldn't keep her eyes off her daddy when he sat down to swing beside her.

Love these pictures of Gus in the swing!

Doc and I tried out the zip line that was there.  It was a really cool playground!

Before long, it was time to head back home.  The evening of Day 6 was your typical last-day-at-the-beach night...packing things up and eating all the food in the refrigerator.

Quick photo after Katie's last shower before we hit the road early the next morning.

All in all, the trip was perfect!  We had such a good time with all of our friends.  Hopefully we'll get to do it again next year when Katie Wynn and Everett can join Gus in all the fun running around!