Woo! This "loose" goal of posting twice a week is catching up with me and it's only the first full week in the Lenten season. Crap! So this post is coming at ya on the last day of the week just to satisfy that challenge. I'll have a real post with pictures for you soon.
- My hair is falling out. Like, by the handfull. It's ridiculous and starting to scare me. Seriously, at the rate it's coming out, I'll be bald by my 30th birthday next month. I had heard of this happening after pregnancy, but I thought since it hadn't happened by the time I went back to work that I had escaped that side effect. Now I dread washing my hair and then blow dry it because of the massive amounts of hair that I have to throw away afterwards. Gross, I know. How do I make it stop?
- Here's something I think is crazy that I was talking to someone about this week: how there are times in your life when you see someone so much that you start to form a good relationship and then, when their job is done, you just never see or talk to them again. Like a realtor, for example. I passed our realtor on the road the other day and realized that we hadn't actually spoken to him since we closed on the house. For months we were in constant communication with him, sometimes talking to him multiple times a day. Then we got the house, he sent us a baby gift, and that was that. Same with my doctor. She kept me sane through my whole pregnancy and by the time you get down to weekly appointments, you've developed a good relationship. She would ask about more than just the baby - how the house hunt was going, etc. She wasn't on call the night we had Katie Wynn, nor did I get to see her when I went back for my 6-week checkup, so the last time I actually saw her was 5 days before delivery. I wonder if she's curious about how our baby is and what we named her. Or is it that just part of it when you have a job like that? I guess one baby is just like every other baby when you're delivering them every day? The person I was discussing this with is a new hire in our department. Another similar situation - you have lots of communication with a representative from HR, you get the job, spend a week doing paperwork with them, and then never talk to them again. At least that's how it is in our office. I have nothing profound to say about this, I just think it's kinda weird. Use 'em and lose 'em, I guess.
- I have completely missed this season of The Bachelor. I did not intend for this to happen. Bummer.
- My incredibly sweet husband is treating me to a trip to Puerto Rico for my birthday. In less than three weeks we'll be beach side (and probably sunburned)! I can't wait; I need some sunshine in my life. His parents are coming to take care of the baby while we're gone. I know that she'll be wonderfully cared for, but I'm sure I will still miss her like crazy!
- Speaking of being on the beach, I need a good book recommendation. It's been almost a full year since the last time I read a book. In fact, I decided to keep up with what I'd read by listing them over on the sidebar to the right and then didn't pick up another one after posting the list. I guess that's par for the course of a new mom. It's very possible that whatever book I read on this vacation is the only one I'll get to read all year, so it needs to be a good one. Suggestions?
- I'm becoming addicted to my mom's embroidery machine. I've been watching tutorials online and we're learning so much! This probably deserves a post of its own, but suffice it to say that Katie Wynn's gonna be a walking monogram for the first few years of her life.
- I'm also becoming addicted to pimento cheese.
- I haven't really followed up on the whole back-to-work transition, but it has really been pretty good. I'm working three days a week and have a couple days at home with my sweet girl. I have really hit the jackpot with this setup; it's the best of both stay-at-home-mom and working-mom worlds. So far, I couldn't be happier.
- A friend of ours does custom framing and is having a little "shop sale" in a few weeks. She asked my mom and I if we'd be willing to come and sell some stuff too, to attract more customers and what have you. There are a couple other girls coming too - one does monogramming and appliques and the other makes those burlap door hangers. Every bit of our free time has been spent getting a few things ready so we can contribute. We're making anything that's quick and easy to crank out! I'll post some pictures soon. If any of you locals would like to attend the shop sale, leave a comment and I'll send you the details.
I'm sure there's much more that I could ramble on about, but if I'm going to give you a real post with pictures this week, then I've got to get busy uploading and editing them! (Or maybe not editing, we'll see what time allows.) What are you guys up to? Anybody else losing their hair?