Blogging in Bullets

I've gotten into this routine with blogging.  Around Wednesday of every week, the only thought constantly running through my head is that "I haven't blogged this week, I haven't blogged this week, I haven't blogged this week..."  And then at some point towards the end of the week, I force myself to sit down at the computer.  Most of the time, if I can keep my eyes open long enough at night, I try to crank out two posts at one time: the first to post immediately and the second to be scheduled for the next day.  Then I pat myself on the back for not being a complete slacker blogger and exhale a sigh of relief for buying myself some more time before I've got to put the fingers to the keyboard again.  Before I know it, the following Wednesday rolls around and the vicious cycle starts all over. And it's not like I don't have anything to say because I do.  I actually have several things I could blog about right now.  It's just that after sitting at a computer all day at work, I just don't want to do it again at home.  Plus, with my newly adopted 8:30 bedtime, it's hard to squeeze it all in.  So, just like last week, I'm going to have to turn to bullet points.  I had planned all week to do a weekend recap, but now maybe it'll just be a recap of the weekend plus a few days.

  • Friday night, the weather was perfect.  We sat on our porch and cheered on 5K participants as they made their way past our house.  After the race, the street was full of shrieks and laughter from all the kids playing (ours included).  I chatted with neighbor friends while the yummy smell of dinner wafted from the grill.  It's nights like this that will really make me miss our little street when we move.
  • Saturday morning was all about being productive.  The yard got some much needed attention.  Weeds were pulled, bushes were trimmed back, monkey grass was pruned, and the patio was pressure-washed.  Doc also washed both of our cars, just in time for the rain to come this week.
  • Saturday afternoon was spent running errands with my mom (surprise, surprise).  We both had numerous things to pick up before this coming weekend and it was good to get all those things checked off the list.
  • All the shopping made me pretty hungry.  Our last stop was the mall and I was just drooling thinking about the Auntie Anne's pretzel I was going to devour.  I was so bummed when they didn't have the kind I wanted (almond with caramel dip!) and ended up leaving with no snack.  My stomach growled the whole way and right as we pulled up at my house, Anna came out and announced she made cupcakes all by herself.  I could've hugged her so hard her little head would've popped off (I refrained).  She even died the icing Easter colors.

I had scarfed down half of a green-iced one when I asked her what color she had.  "Dad wouldn't let me have one yet."  Oh.  Oopsie daisy.  I told her to go ahead and help herself.  Who can wait when there are freshly baked cupcakes?  Also, I hope she always enjoys baking like she does right now.  I will make sure there is always a box of cake mix or brownie mix in the pantry.

  • Anna and I worked on another quick kitchen project after that which I'll give a post of its own since I have several pictures.
  • Sunday after church we stopped by a friend's house to meet their new puppy.  They were walking out the door for lunch so we kidnapped the puppy and said we'd babysit while they went out.  I really had a lot I needed to get done but I just can't turn away from a sweet puppy.  I mean, just look at this face!  His name is Miles and he's a cockapoo.

  • Miles may never be allowed to come over again after all we put him through.  We took him to my parents' house for some fun in their backyard.  Part of that fun was a few trips down the playset slide.  Poor Miles has really gotta working on that landing.  Henry didn't realize how much bigger he was than the puppy and kept trampling him.  Oh, and we hadn't even been outside an hour before we looked over and saw Miles laying on his belly in a big mud puddle.  We had the honors of giving him his second bath ever.
  • Sunday evening we had dinner with some friends that we hadn't seen in far too long.  It was good to catch up!  And the weather was nice again so we were able to sit outside.  Thanks to Mary, I now have a couple of pregnancy/baby books to read, including one all about mocktails for moms-to-be.
  • Doc and I made a big grocery store run Sunday night, which is not fun at all...I only mention it because my lunch bag this week has weighed about 5lbs. everyday.  I have so many good snacks to choose from!  We also stopped at Walgreens for one last item and as I checked out, a man was escorted out in handcuffs.  So that was fun.
  • Speaking of our grocery store trip, have you had Simply Lemonade with Raspberry?  Ohmygosh, it's goooood.  Definitely my newest obsession.
  • I finally got my winter clothes packed away and all my summer clothes hanging in the closet.  My "offseason" clothes are stored in the playroom closet down the hall and since I was home alone and tryingnot  to carry too much at a time, it took FOREVER.  I was worn out afterwards.
  • We have two pots that sit on either side of our front door.  Usually, I just plant a fern in each one of them for the summer, but this time I decided I wanted a big assortment of plants.  My mom helped me pick things out - we had to visit several stores - and I finally got them finished up around 8:15 last night.  I hope at least half of this stuff lives.  Don't know the names of everything in there, but there's some sweet potato vine, creeping jenny, 3 different fern varieties, and...other stuff.


That's all I have for now.  I'll try to squeeze one more post in before the weekend.  We've got lots of stuff planned so it should be a good couple of days!