I completely stole the idea for this post from my friend Mary Elizabeth. You should visit her blog and check out her Best 12 in '12! Like Mary, I thought it might be fun to highlight some of my favorite moments from 2012. It's no secret that this was one of our best years yet, thanks to the addition of sweet Katie Wynn. There's no way I could rank these from best to worst, so here are my top 12 moments in chronological order.
4. Also in March, we finally got to take our first trip to the Beach House where we just enjoyed being on vacation. Anna and Wyatt got to be the first people ever to jump in our new pool.
5. March was busy! We also flew to Indiana for a quick 24-hour trip so we could celebrate Granddaddy's 90th birthday!
6. Doc's sister, Jill, and her family came for a visit in April. We loved having them in town!
7. On Wednesday, May 2nd, the Memphis Grizzlies played the LA Clippers in game 2 of the NBA Playoffs. We didn't go to the game. Instead, we had friends and family over for dinner and a "Gender Revealment" cake. That baby on it's way? It's a girl!
8. In July, after months of negotiations, we finally purchased our dream house!
9. September 23, just 3 hours and 9 minutes before my due date, Katie Wynn entered the world and changed our lives forever. Let's face it, if I were ranking these, this would be #1. Read about her arrival here, here, here, and here.
10. As thrilled as we were to welcome our daughter to the world, we were also excited for our friends who had healthy babies of their own. Dana and Lydia joined me at the triple shower and had their girls, Taylor and Margot, before me. Then Allison welcomed Everett and a few weeks later, Megan welcomed Grant. The picture below is of our first playdate with Everett and Grant and their mamas.
11. At the beginning of December, we had our baby girl baptized. With all the excitement that December brings, we know this is the best gift we could ever give her. Blog post coming soon about her special day.
12. I just recently wrote about the best weekend ever - our first Christmas with three kids. It was the perfect holiday and one I'll always remember!
Man, it was really hard to choose just 12 moments. There are so many more I could have included! We were beyond blessed this year and I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for us! Tell me, what were your best moments from 2012?