2009 was quite possibly the best year of my life... 1. To start it off, in January I finally said goodbye to my apartment. While it was a great place for my first "living on my own" experience, I can't say that I will miss the loud neighbors, bright white walls, and stained carpets. And definitely not the cockroaches. ::shudder::
(Sorry, I forgot to take pictures!)
2. Valentine's Day comes in February so Doc took me with him to Phoenix where he surprised me with the best gift ever...a hot air balloon ride!
3. March is my birthday month! It also kicked off all of our wedding festivities.
4. I have the best friends. In April, they took me on my first trip to New Orleans for my bachelorette party (and my first mechanical bull ride!).
5. Going to the chapel....er, the zoo! In May, I married my very best friend. It was truly one of the best days of my life.
6 and 7. Doc and I had a wonderful honeymoon in St. Lucia. And we were lucky enough to get to travel to Jamaica soon afterwards for another friend's wedding. We left at the end of June and came back at the beginning of July.
8. In August, we had our friends over for the 2nd Annual Cornhole Tournament. And, for the second time, we were the big winners. :) By the end of the night, we were in a taxi cab headed to the dog track. Oh, what a night!
9. Sometimes I like to pretend like I know something about design. In September, I helped a friend surprise his wife with a bedroom makeover.
10. October was a big month...not only did I get to go to Chicago for the first time ever, but Doc also took me to his alma mater, Notre Dame, so we could watch them beat Boston College. Go Irish!
11. We traveled even more in November. The week before Thanksgiving, we headed to my Aunt's house to see that side of my family, and then for Thanksgiving weekend we drove to IN to visit with all of Doc's family. Unfortunately, the only picture I can find is of these goofy guys!
12. December was so busy! We got to see aaaall of our families for Christmas and, luckily, they all traveled to us! We also had a big Christmas party with all of our friends and celebrated 4 family birthdays. BUT - one of the biggest things that happened is that Doc ran in - and finished - his first half marathon. His goal time was 2 hours and he finished in 1:59:27...33 seconds to spare! Phew!
I think that if 2010 is even half as good as 2009 was, then it'll be great!