As of today, my little peanut is four months old! Sometimes I can't believe that it's already been four months, and sometimes I think the time between 2 months and 4 months took a really long time. It seems like it's been forever since we last went to the doctor! I'll take her back next week for her next set of shots. I'm eager to see how much she weighs because she is becoming quite the chunky monkey! We had a quick little photo shoot this morning so I could get this monthly photo. I haven't edited yet or chosen my favorite. And unlike past months, there were no tears today!
While I was busy writing the info on the chalkboard sign, Lolli of course jumped up in the chair with Katie. This happens daily. In fact, I can't tell you how many times Lolli has actually sat on top of Katie...sometimes even on her head. Good thing she doesn't weigh anything!
Most of the time they're really good friends and like each other.
But you never know when someone's foot is about to get chomped on...
Luckily, Katie doesn't ever seem to mind being gnawed on.
To be fair, she usually gets Lolli back with some good ol' hair pulling.
Then sometimes this happens...
Katie looks a little annoyed, but she's usually a good sport about doggie kisses. I just keep telling myself her immune system is going to be AWESOME.
(Please don't call child protective services on me. I promise no baby was harmed in the taking of these photos and I was very close and watching Lolli like a hawk. She would never hurt her sister.)
Anyway, here's a few bullet points about what Katie Wynn is like at 4 months old for my memory.
- Don't know how much she weighs, but girl's got some roly poly legs! I can't get enough of the little fat rolls. To go along with those chunky legs, she also has a big round belly. I love kissing her baby gut!
- We just switched to size 2 diapers about a week ago. Still using Pampers.
- Katie has discovered her toes/feet and loves grabbing hold of them. It makes changing her diaper a little more difficult when she won't let them go!
- Also about a week ago we switched from size 0-3 month clothing to 3-6 months. She literally outgrew her clothes overnight (I'd read about this happening). One day, her jammies fit fine. The next, they wouldn't even go up over her shoulders.
- My girl loves to talk! She babbles and coos all day long. And if you aren't paying attention to her and responding to her babbles, she'll just get louder. Girl likes to be in the spotlight.
- She is currently drooling NONSTOP. I don't think she's teething yet because it's still a little early and I don't feel any nubs in her mouth, but she's definitely got drool running down her chin pretty much all day everyday. Her shirts are always soaked. Now I see why babies stay in bibs all the time.
- She still holds her head up like a champ and loves to sit up. She can't totally sit up on her own but can do pretty well with just a little bit of help. She hasn't rolled over on her own yet (at least, not on purpose) but I think she's really, really close.
- We're still on a 3-hour feeding schedule and she's currently taking 5 ounce bottles (Enfamil Gentlease). We'll see what the doctor says next week about starting rice cereal soon.
- Katie is still sleeping through the night. Right now we still keep her up until we go to bed (sometime between 9 and 10) and on days that I work, she gets woken up at 6:30 to eat and get ready for the babysitter's. She will sleep in later on the weekends. I think as soon as we start cereal we will transition to an earlier bedtime.
- I'm pretty sure Katie recognizes me and Doc now, and maybe even my mom. She gives us lots of grins and kicks her legs in excitement when she sees us.
- She alternates between her paci, thumb, and fingers. When she's not "talking" she's sticking something in her mouth.
- Her eyes are much darker than they were when she was born, but are still considered a blue color. I'm still thinking they're going to change.
- Katie is getting better at holding things. I can put a soft rattle in her hand and she is able to play with it. She usually drops it after a minute or so though.
- We have started reading to her and she loves it! Especially the crinkly books that make lots of noise.
I guess that's it! I'll try to update this with her weight and length after we go to the doctor next week.