Doodle Bug

Hello!  I'm back with another photo dump update of what we've been up to the last few weeks.  Most of these pics are from my iPhone, so crappy quality. We recently bought new furniture for our living room - pics soon, promise - and Katie enjoyed testing out the new chair.  I couldn't resist snapping a pic of her sitting in it because of how she put her arm on the arm rest like she was just chillin'.

Oh, about the title of this post.  Doodle Bug is my current go-to nickname for my girl.  I rarely call her by her real name.  She has lots of nicknames, but this week it's been mostly Doodle Bug or Doodles.

My dad likes to call her Touchdown Katie because of how she sleeps when she's not swaddled...

Did I tell you we flew to Indiana for Thanksgiving?  Yep, we can check the first plane ride off the list!  Doodles was a champ and pretty  much slept through the whole flight.

Here we are before takeoff.  Doc and I were pretty sure the woman across the aisle was on drugs.

With her daddy on the plane.

It was a quick trip to Indiana to see Doc's family.  The big kids didn't get to go with us since it was planned last minute.  Katie's Poppa fed her a bottle the first night there.  Who needs clothes to eat?

While we were at Doc's parents' house, Doodle Bug slept in a tiny crib in the room beside ours.  I was nervous about her not being in the same room as us, but both she and I survived!  She looked so tiny in the crib!

The main point of the trip was so that Doc's side of the family could meet Katie while she was still a baby, especially his Granddaddy.  Remember back in March when we went there to celebrate his 90th birthday?

I think they had a good conversation. :)

Katie also had some cousins that were eager to meet her.  Here she is with our nephew Nathan.

Our sweet girl is now giving us some good smiles.  Sometimes they come with wonky eyes, though.

Love those lashes!

The week after Thanksgiving is when we had to go to the doctor for her 2-month checkup and first set of shots.  She was so happy and in such a good mood before the shots came!

She weighed 11 pounds, 6 ounces at that appointment and was in the 50-75th percentile for height and weight.  She let out a really good scream when the first shot came, but the tears didn't last long.  Here we are shortly after the shots waiting in the car while Mimi was in Walmart.  Back to all smiles!

It's gotten a little bit colder here so she's been wearing her little coat that we got as a shower gift.  My little snuggle bunny!  Of course she acts like she can't move when the coat is on.  She napped in her coat while I shopped at Hobby Lobby.

One day we were in the car for a bit and Katie was really quiet in the backseat.  I looked back in the mirror to make sure she was ok and saw her like this.  Darn hood...I think it's a little big!

We've been practicing taking naps in the crib in her room.  She seems so little in it!

I've been learning how to use my mom's embroidery machine.  I'm slightly addicted!  I've made her a few Christmas onesies already, but I've learned that onesies are the hardest things to do!  We may have to move up to regular shirts soon.

I didn't make the one below, but I did fix it.  It originally had a gigantic green bow on the center present that kinda took over her face, so I replaced it with a smaller red bow.

My little morning I found that she hadn't gotten out of her swaddle.  She was so proud of herself!  How can you not love that sweet smile?

This is how I found her one night after her Daddy had changed her diaper.  Got those pants pulled up!

One last pic of my cutie before I go...

I'm really going to try to get some posts cranked out in the next few days.  We've made a lot of progress on the house and I can't wait to show you!