I'm so behind! Here's an attempt to play catch-up on what we've been up to so far in December. Prepare for random picture overload!
- We met Mr. Ronaldo of Ronaldo Jewelry. I have three of his bracelets that I wear often, and Katie Wynn received a tiny one for her birthday. The last time Mr. Ronaldo visited our town, I heard that he gave away bracelets to all the little girls that visited the gift shop. I was planning on visiting anyway since I had a Christmas gift to buy, but I made sure to bring my cutie pie along with me in hopes of a new bracelet to add to her collection. Sadly, she did not get a freebie. I learned later that other little girls did. I'm trying not to be bitter.
- I can't take her shopping with me if I don't plan on letting her carry my bag. It doesn't matter how big or heavy it is, she thinks she has to have it. And she still loves admiring herself in the mirror.
- We've run into Santa Claus a couple of times and so far, Katie Wynn does not seem too impressed with him and his red suit and ho ho hos.
- We tried to switch the side her hair parts on and we both agreed that it made her look really weird. It makes more sense in the back for it to go this opposite way thanks to her "swirl" but it just looks backwards (to us) in the front!
- One Sunday we had a birthday lunch after church. Bren and Katie Wynn had on coordinating Christmas outfits so I had to snap a couple pics. Bren loves to get to feed Katie Wynn!
- Who doesn't get excited about getting to stick their hand into a box of cheerios? Also, I love this outfit. The other leg of her pants (hidden by the box of cereal) is polka dotted like her shirt. This outfit plus her straight-up pony tail makes her look like she's straight out of Whoville. :)
- Anyone who's ever been around a toddler knows they like to help with ev-er-y-thing...even screwing on new door hinges!
- Two totally unrelated photos below. On the left, our girls test out our new mudroom bench. We still have one small thing left to do in there and then I owe you all a LONG post about how it came together and looks now. Spoiler alert: we love it! On the right, Matt and I recently got to enjoy a night out at a wedding. I helped direct the wedding but then we were free to eat and dance all night long at the reception. Turns out "all night long" isn't very long for me anymore. :(
- These days, our girl plays so hard during the day that she'll sometimes crash before dinner. On the left is her passed out right on the floor in our room. She just couldn't make it to dinner time! Sunday mornings, our bathroom turns into a beauty shop, as seen below on the right. With the cold weather lately, we've had to dry her hair a couple times before leaving so she wouldn't freeze. Daddy makes a great beautician!
The next pics on my phone start Christmas celebrations, and I think I'll save those for a post of their own. Do you have your gifts wrapped? I've been wrapping mine in shifts as I needed them. We've cleared out half of them but I've got to get busy finishing them up tomorrow before Christmas Eve on Tuesday! Hope you aren't a procrastinator like me. :)